W Foshay and the Foshay Tower Observation Deck and Museum in collaboration with Northern Lights  is accepting proposals for a sound installation on the Observation Deck of the Foshay Tower.
This call is for one project. It must take place on the Observation Deck of the Foshay Tower. It may be possible to include some material such as descriptions, directions, etc. in the lobby of the W Foshay, the elevator, and the Foshay Tower Museum, but the primary focus of the project should be a sound piece for the Observation Deck. The sound should not be disturbing to surrounding buildings. Each project proposal may only be submitted to one Northern Spark open call.
Northern Spark and W Foshay and the Foshay Tower Observation Deck and Museum will provide the following to the selected project:
- A $500 honorarium
- Production advice
- Permitting and insurance as reasonable, appropriate and possible
- Reasonable access, as required, to the lobby, elevators, and museum of Foshay Tower as well as the Observation Deck
- Strength of conceptual framework for proposed project
- Compatibility of project with Northern Spark’s proposed sites and modalities
- Potential for public engagement and participation
- Applicant’s past experience and likelihood for success
The application process is online. Applicants are required to submit:
- Primary contact information
- Proposal concept – (max 1 page, pdf)
- Supporting materials, such as site diagrams, including technical specifications – (max 2 pages, pdf)
- Documentation of work: title/medium/date/credits/description with links to no more than 10 images and 1 video of past, preferably related work – (max 1 page, pdf)
- A budget that fits within the parameters of the grant and/or clearly identifies and confirms additional resources (max 1 page, pdf)
- A brief bio and CV (max 2 pages for each primary participant, pdf)
This call will be juried by Foshay Tower Museum and Northern Lights.
Application deadline, 11:59 pm March 7, 2011
Post your submission here:
Selected project(s) will be announced by March 21, 2011.